Monday, May 5, 2008

Personal Private Talk Addendum

I thought I would throw in my 2 cents seeing as I was in the house and therefore was a partial witness to Laurie's personal private talk with dad. I will go along with the first part of your account but add a few notes on what transpired afterwards.

So Laurie had her personal private talk with dad...which of course ended as she stated. At this point, our saint of a mother interceeds to save her child. She probably spent some time talking with Laurie and then some more time talking with dad....helping him understand her situation...explaining that much of what was going on had to do with "age and hormones." So at this point Laurie was invited to reenter the living room....presumably to make peace with her father.

Dad....obviously unable to control himself starts off by saying something to effect. "I know that a lot of this has to do with age and hormones.........but there is nothing I can do about my age or my homones!" At this point he is probably laughing and Laurie storms from the room probably half furious and crying.....and half laughing....(don't you hate it how dad can do that to you) So this is my incomplete and patched memory of the occurence.

Be it known....that many of us have such conversations with our father.....Laurie just found out the hard way the parenting differences in between mom and dad! ......and just so you know...we love you Lou! We think you are beautiful and wonderful!

2 comments:

Laurie Huish said...

I don't remember that part of the story! I am glad you added it.

Joel and Crystal said...

Actually, I think the ending of this personal private talk experience might have belonged to Meg! So....sorry about that Laurie! Love you honey!